So I have been super busy in my classroom. Everyday this week. Four days this week, one day was a beach day! I have a few pictures for you, well two. I went crazy shopping at the TPT sale earlier this week, way too crazy. I hope to do a more appropriate shout-out soon. If the students were to enter the room tomorrow (I know it is Saturday) I would be alright with that. I need to start writing things down. Doesn't somebody have a linky for that? Here is my word wall, well at least the beginning of it, it is now finished but I did not photograph it.
And the math Common Core on ribbon that is all over Pinterest.
A lot more has gone on in that room of mine, will take some photos on Monday. We are meeting as a fourth grade team Monday. Then it is off to meetings for me! Students return the 28th!
I just found out about this cool giveaway over at Yay Third Grade! I didn't even know these amazing planners existed until about 20 minutes ago, I sure hope I win. I want you to go check it out and enter (sorta)!
What a busy day, it is moving time here in college land. Many of our friends are moving to new places, some just up the street, others to new cities--how exciting.
One of our friends just finished her PhD and is heading onto a new teaching adventure, sad for me, but also very lucky! She was getting rid of many, many items that will be incredibly useful in my classroom. I will upload a few pictures of my haul tomorrow. I am planning on heading into my classroom tomorrow to do a little work.
I am also going to try out the Vistaprint stuff tomorrow...maybe I will be able to grab that nice Groupon deal many folks are blogging about.
I am also pretty excited, I shaved about 50 seconds off my 2.6 mile time (since last Wednesday)!
1. I run at least a mile every day. I have logged 486.27 miles so far this year.
2. I have taught in 4 different states.
3. I love ellipsis...
4. I am a horrible speller!
5. I have a dog named Gobi (after my favorite Indian food Aloo Gobi).
6. I have a goal of doing yoga on a stand up paddle board. (soonish)
7. I think it is really difficult to make words come out of my fingers (writing).
I would like to nominate the following bloggers with this award and you
must complete the following: 1. Thank the blogger who nominated you 2.
Include a link to their blog 3. Include the award image in your post 4.
Give seven random facts about yourself 5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the
award 6. When nominating, include a link to their blog 7. Let other
bloggers know they've been nominated
How exciting! I think I figured out (finally) how to link up with my fellow bloggers!
Here are my first day jitters:
1. It has been a few years since I have had my own classroom, what if I don't remember what to do? I am already having dreams about this!
2. Fourth grade math--yikes! The majority of my teaching has been in first grade, I have been brushing up on my fourth grade math.
3. What if my meeting area just doesn't work out? It will be in such an odd place. Currently I do not have a carpet--I hope I can get one.
As I mentioned before, I am very new to this blogging thing. I started my blog just this month.
I look forward to reading more from all of you!
I am joining quite a few folks for the Newbie Blog Hop!
1. what state you
2. your current teaching
3. your teaching
4. when you started
5. share a blogging tip / blogging
1. I currently live in Connecticut.
2. I will be teaching 4th grade this year.
3. I have been teaching for 12 years, 5 were in first grade, 2 in second grade, 2 K-8 health and yoga teacher, 1 in fourth (long term substitute), 1 K-10 challenge and enrichment teacher, and 1 year out of the classroom as an early childhood specialist.